New Avatar Size!!!

sammystingray

Here you go....this is the actual penguin avatar. I actually had a post awhile ago about this being funny as %$#@. It's a great avatar, but I have to wonder if the guy using it on another board like this know it was almost half a meg....when we have threads with up to posts per page.........
Bwahahaha I can't even attach it because it's so big....give me another sec.

sammystingray

OK, this was an actual avatar I found being used on another board....the full size of CSRobe02,
I had to actually upload it to my own site and link it due to size....

I wouldn't even doubt that after enough people read this thread, it uses up my daily bandwidth at my site, so you may see a red X. Anyway, file size limits are a give and take decision. We all want big pics with unlimited file size, but we also want the board to load fast. They just don't both work together. I thought the pics could be larger, and the admin agreed, but, and I think a lot of people would agree, we don't want the board to slow down, or even have people getting "busy server error" where they can't even access the board because of extras like avatars. The animated avatars are the larger files, and as you can see.....I use one as well. I am currently trying to figure out my new one, and it's tough because I want it animated, but I know it's all good because I would rather have the board be a fast one. ....I don't pay 50 bucks a month to wait for pages. Also, there are still many many folks on dialup connections, and we want this board to be for them as well....do you realize that twenty posts in a thread with the penguin avatar I just posted would be enough waiting to send any dailup user elsewhere? I realize nobody complained much....I just wanted to touch on the file size issue. It is important that the board be a welcome place for all. Those of you trying to get an animated avatar at 100 pixels and under the file limit....I'm doing the same thing, but it is for a better cause.....a board designed for all to enjoy.:) Again, any members that need help with avatars, just post.....may many members and mods can and would love to help.:)

timsedwards

thanks for the post sammy, this is my new one done in adobe too....
BTW I know why I am up its 9.30am here, why arent you tucked away in bed?!
Tim.

ryebread

Originally posted by Lady Becca
I realize this is a really stupid question...
How do you use an Avatar? I can't figure out how to post one.

That's because you have to have 20 posts or more to have an avatar. Once you reach 20 posts......you will have the option of loading and avatar.

csrobe02

Oh sammy I wasnt complaining... if thats what it seemed like, sorry :p But I understand what you are saying, I know the bigger the avatar, the slower the board, and I would want a faster board than a bunch of large file animations as avatars :)

I think I'm learnig!!!! I have ulead photo express that came with the scanner, I lerned how to get them small for avatars, But now I dont know how to get them into regular pics to show you guys some more....:confused: