New Bursa Trigger

pens1991

Hey all,
So first off, I will say, all my water paramaters are right on, 0 ammonia/nitrite, and nitrate is 40, ph 8.2. I got an awsome bursa last night, and as soon as the guy took him out of the tank he started "playing dead" and just laying there. Then when I was aclimating him, he would either lay at the top of the container, or at the bottom. Now that I have him in the tank, and has been about 18 hrs, he is still just sitting on the bottom, or leaning himself up against another rock in a hiding spot. Does he just need some more time to get used to the new home because he is scared, and should I try to feed him?

syndrome

My humu hid the first day or two. now he is one of my most active fish. Im pretty sure its normal for them

N

nereef

those nitrates need to come down.
how did you acclimate the trigger?

pens1991

drip method for about 2 hrs... I also did a large water change earlier today also to try to bring down the trates, and also looked for some clams at my local stores, but no one had any

N

nereef

large water changes are the only way to drop those high nitrates. i would try to feed the trigger if i were you.

pens1991

I put a small piece of scallop in there right beside him, and now I dont see it, so he must have eaten it, because I dont see it anywhere else... so I guess that would be a good thing

hot883

Originally Posted by pens1991
I put a small piece of scallop in there right beside him, and now I dont see it, so he must have eaten it, because I dont see it anywhere else... so I guess that would be a good thing
Or the current could have hid it under or behind a rock. Parameters are NOT "right on" when there are trates of 40. Right on means ZERO accross the board. IMO, I would have not added a heavy bio load fish with trates at 40. Do 15-20% water changes every other day until trates are zero. Don't start off with this fish with water troubles. Again, not flaming you, just my opinion.