New but not new

Orange Crush

Okay so I used to have a 55 gal saltwater fowler tank. But it's been about 8 years since i had to take it down.
Now I'm cycling a 20 gallon, intended to be fowler. So I have a 20 gallon tank I have set up and started to cycle for the next month and it's fulled with substrate from the live sand I put into it. This is day 3 and it's like the same as day one. Any suggestions to get it filtered?

Orange Crush

Oh and the setup is
Bio wheel penguin 100
Live sand, planning on live rock also.
A king 160 power head.
Also all the tests are great so far.

pegasus

Is it cloudy from the sand you used? Did the sand come with a bio-magnet pack? This pack will help get rid of the cloudiness fairly quickly. Otherwise, you'll just have to be patient and run the biowheel filter until it the particles get removed from the water. If you're using the power head, make it it's pushing water across the surface, and not blowing sand up at the bottom. I would pack a bunch of filter floss into the Penguins' filter chamber, and replace it as it clogs up.

Orange Crush

Is it cloudy from the sand you used? Did the sand come with a bio-magnet pack? This pack will help get rid of the cloudiness fairly quickly. Otherwise, you'll just have to be patient and run the biowheel filter until it the particles get removed from the water. If you're using the power head, make it it's pushing water across the surface, and not blowing sand up at the bottom. I would pack a bunch of filter floss into the Penguins' filter chamber, and replace it as it clogs up.
Thank you. Yes I have already used the biomagnet pack. I'll do the filter floss like you said. Thanks again.

Orange Crush

The floss worked thank you again!