New Camera! Canon Digital Rebel

alec s

Hi folks-
I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel. This thing is nuts. Beautiful shots right out of the box. (I've had it less than 3 hours). Point and shoot cams just didn't do it any more. I'm so impressed. Does anyone else use this camera? I'd love to hear some more comments.
Thanks,
-Alec
PS- Here's one of several shots.

alec s

OK, before the Tang Police lock me up I'd like to point out some of these fish are moving to a much larger tank later this year when I buy a new house. I'm thinking about a 150 gallon or so.
-Alec

alec s

It's called Canon EOS Digital Rebel. It's a standard SLR body style. 6.3 megapixel. Auto focus, auto everything if you want. The beauty is it can be completely manual. I can determine ISO, shutter speed, etc... That's where you get good shots. The LCD screen is only for playback. You actually need to look through the viewfinder. (I really like this by-the-way). Very "old school SLR" in that respect. I can't recommend this enogh. Very impressed. It's pricey vs. point and shoot cams though. It was about $1000. That's about twice what a top shelf point and shoot costs, but I think the image quality and versatlity more than makes up for it. Seven years ago I bought a Nikon S900 for $1000. It was a 1 megapixel consumer cam with zero manual control. I loved it. This thing is so advanced it's sick. If you can afford one, buy it.
-Alec

nicky1.8t

would that be an elegance in the last shot . ots good to see othere people with nice lookin ones. every one my lfs gets in is crappy looking.

alec s

You know, when I bought it, the kid at the store didn't really know what type of Tang it was. Powder Brown was written on the glass so that's how they sold it. I've looked at photo's of other "Browns" online and they don't really look the same. It's not a blue however. I know that for sure. We have one of those at work. He's a very cool fish however. Really OWNS the tank. It's his tank all the way...
-Alec

sbsb

Originally posted by Nerdy
hOLY CRAP!! They look 3-d!! Looks like they are going to jump out at me!

And these shots have been taken WAY down in resolution so they can be posted here. I took that shot right after I got the Queen angel and you can see that his upper lip is bruised from trying to fight his way out of the plastic bag.