new camera Canon Powershot A540=same results?

giants4pc

Anyone with suggestions as to the settings I should have the camera on? I was finally able to get a decent close up but the full tank shots still look terrible. Anyone have this camera or some general advice?

maelv

Well can't comment on the camera....but LOVE your set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How big of a tank and dimensions?

murph145

camera are tricky... what u gotta do is take lots of shots in different modes and remember what mode u were using at that shot then see which turn out better....
as for me i use a 2 year old olympus D-545 4.1 megapixel camera which was $200 at the time
anyways i found the best setting to put it on for clearest shots was the action mode or sports setting.... this allows for a faster shutter speed to get rid of the blurryness.... ur hand moved ever so slightly in the first pic and the shutter speed was just long enough to capture the movement thats why it looks like that....
so try shooting in action mode and when close ups u can try the macro functions....
if u get really serious u can get a tri-pod for better shots
i dont have one but i hear they work great

giants4pc

Originally Posted by maelv
Well can't comment on the camera....but LOVE your set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How big of a tank and dimensions?
I was actually hoping to get into that once I could get a nice picture. I moved my 90 into the wall so what you are looking at is a 90 gallon (48" long) in wall display.

ginarox

second picture is awesome,,i felt like i was in there with the fish...good shot..thanks for sharing, have a great night.

N

nemo_66

ive heard that canon A540 shows the pic on the screen very clear but when you download it on your computer it is blurry. just what ive heard. but a canon A530 works great. that is what i have.

symon

You need to mess around with the macro settings for close up stuff, I say this and all the while i can't take a good macro shot to save my fish!

demartini

I agree with the people who suggested a tripod. You will notice a big difference if you get one. I also get my best pictures when I use the action mode...I have the canon sd550 I think 7.1 mp