New camera, dorking around and thought I should share.

reefforbrains

Wasnt quite sure if to post this in photography section or here since it really isn't aqaurium related..
Just thought I would share.

Single grain of salt sitting on the counter.

aquaknight

I like how 'rough' the counter is too. Pretty sweet salt 'cube' with the almost perfect 4 sub-quadrants...

reefforbrains

I cheated.....broke down and bought myself a digital microscope.
Had wanted one for a while but price kept me away. Needed to check out some goodies and wanted to chart some coins before sending them for grading.
The salt is only about 150x zoom. It gets pretty silly at higher magnifications, but you have no clue what your actually looking at. At the higher powers germs and microbes start to show themselves........ and you get incredibly uncomfortable with how clean your home is.
Has a birth of about 1.5 inch so I can look at specimens of any size if just dorking around at the 50x-300x or so power.
Here is a frito corn chip at about 175x.......

aquaknight

I know myers will get a kick out of this, but the pics reminds me of the "fish ID test thread" on the other white and blue fish forums

dragonzim

Thats pretty wild. My father in law works for Carl Zeiss in a division that recently built the worlds most powerful electron microscope. Fascinating stuff!!