New chiller, mad wife!

kwpgrooming

I guess my husband & I are lucky. We never fight about money or what we buy. We don't ask permission, we just say hey I am buying this. Have to make sure it is in the budget. That's it.

wattsupdoc

bgrae001;2732978 said:
Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2732522
She paid $600 for a rat!?? She should of bought a German shepherd for about $400 which is a real dog.lol I'd defiantly buy that chiller in a heart beat![/QUOT
She wanted the dog, I wanted to get a Weimaraner. We compromised on the papillon. You see my wife was crippled by a botched surgery in Germany when I was in Iraq. so we had to move back to the states so she could have surgery to try to repair the damage. Any way I'm going back to a combat zone in the next 12 months and I know that a Papillon will be easier to take care of. just like the chiller I want make it as easy as possible to take care of everything while I'm gone. I even made doing water changes a snap. I did a 15 gal water change last night in 15 min and I never carried a bucket.
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope she makes a full recovery. We are all indebted to you for the sacrifice you take.
You and your wife are both heroes.
My youngest niece is in boot camp in S.C. right now.

bgrae001

Okay, so the last few days have been kinda rough, with a pretty good blow out on Sunday. I think that things will cool down in the next few days. I was wrong for not talking to her first and the in end it wasn't worth the heartache. We talk about all purchases over $100 and work it into our budget. I think that if I talked to her about it first I could have convinced her to let me get the chiller and the CO2 I need for my CA reactor. Now that I'm in the dog house I'll have to wait till my b-day next month. Call it what you will guys but it's a lot easier to compromise sometimes.

nigerbang

I got a chiller from a lfs here for a price kinda like that 1/3hp with the pump and Ranco controller for $290
Asked the wife about it and she asked what the temp in the tank was...i told her 85...She said put on your shoes and be back in time for dinner..

reefkprz

absolutely I would buy it. my fiancee hates pretty much everything to do with my tanks but she gets over it. just like I get over her bringing home three new kittens when she only asked about 1.