New chillie coral

soulsigma

My fellow hobbyist:
I just received my chillie coral today and after acclimation, I mounted it with super gel glue to a piece of fiji base rock, then I used some coral putty to mout it upside down to a ledge of one of my caves. About five hours later I am noticing these little yellow polyps begging to open, I thought they where supposed to be white and that they open only at night to feed. Is my chillie coral normal.

flower

Congratulations! It looks, even with the focus off to be very pretty. There are always variations in color. They are not night corals just low light coral. It will gladly open up in a cave.
As long as you have good water flow to the cave your chili should last a good long time.
Sounds like you did everything right!

soulsigma

Thanks Flower, I have been wanting this coral a long time but to be honest with you all corals scare me because they add another dimension of water quality you have to look for. But I am slowly getting my feet wet because I love the pop of color they add to my tank and they bring out the color of my little fishy too.
I read a magazine article that said the chillie coral should be feed at night when all the tank lights are out because thats when they extend their tentacle's searching for food.