new cleaner looking shall we say dead?

I just got a cleaner wrasse from swf.com today and he looked a little loopy when I got him not hardly moving then I put him in my bucket to do the drip acclimation and he moved a little, After the drip was complete I added him to the tank I know swf.com says "Wrasses: Lay on their side when in bag or acclimating; may spin harmless cottony substance in bag and "play dead"." but he looks pretty dead to me...no signs of breathing, hasn't moved since putting him in the tank, slightly glass eyed, could it be that he is still as they say playing dead, or has he already kicked the bucket, just curious if anyone has had experience like this.
thanks Sean

montagues

i am having the same problem. i just recieved my cleaner this morning. it had absolutely no signs of life at all and the water in the bag also smells foul. i have acclimated for 3 hrs now with no change at all. i understand that they "play dead", but this one shows no improvement. a reply from someone who would know what to do would be nice. don't want to place it in my tank if it is dead and lose it in the rock work.

Wrasses of all types can do strange things while acclimating, but they do still breathe. If he's not breathing then he's probably dead.

latino277

:confused: I have Blue headed Wr--ass and I have made that mistake before. when he is a sleep you can tell if he is breath or not but that could just be my Dumber Wrassssss
On a side note: does anyone know of an easy way to get them out. I hate him and so does everyone else in my tank??