new clownfish...problem??

asharp13

so i just purchased 2 clowns today at my LFS and got them in the tank this afternoon. when they when in, they seemed fine, relaxed swimming, eating, etc. when the 10k lights went down this evening and left the acintics on to simulate dusk, one has been going crazy. 1 is fine, the other looks bad. he has been swimming frantically around the front of the tank, running into the sides of the glass, up to the top, and back down to the bottom to scoop sand in his mouth and spit it back out. he looks likes he is having a panic attack/stroke. is this normal when introducing a new clown? should i be worried? is he gonna make it?

gio28

im gonna make a guess, i take it that when the light switched off it scared him so that's maybe why hes acting like that. normally when you get a new fish i've heard its best to turn the lights off for the day to help them adjust better.

asharp13

thats good advice i guess ill have to try that next time. i checked on them once more tonight and the little guy seemed to calm down. ill post if problems persist...thx for the help!

asharp13

so i added 2 new clowns yesterday. they look like they are taking to the tank well and feel pretty relaxed. they seem to like the front glass which i dont have a problem with becasue i enjoy watching them but they look unnatural just swimming back and forth that close to the glass. is there any way i can pursuade these guys to enter the rockwork and make a home somewhere in the tank other than the glass????

salty blues

Originally Posted by asharp13
http:///forum/post/3142509
so i added 2 new clowns yesterday. they look like they are taking to the tank well and feel pretty relaxed. they seem to like the front glass which i dont have a problem with becasue i enjoy watching them but they look unnatural just swimming back and forth that close to the glass. is there any way i can pursuade these guys to enter the rockwork and make a home somewhere in the tank other than the glass????
My false perc rarely ventures into the rocks. He spends most of the day up in one corner of the tank near the overflow, which is also where he sleeps. You just have to let 'em do their thing, whatever it is.