New clownfish tank

pagano24

I just today added 6 false perc clown fish to my 46 gallon bowfront tank. Im just going update my tank and how my clowns act. They are all still babies. I am open to suggestions and stratigies, if im doing anything wrong, from u guys. So please tap in. I have one other fish, its a dragon goby. Lots of coral, hermits, snails. 175 watt metal halid bulb. 2 power heads and a jebo bar for flow. i also just bought 1 long tenicale anenome, its big. Please help if i need more or tell me if im doing good.

pagano24

update we are going on just over a day now and i cant seem to feed them. All six of them stay together right in the front of the tank. I tried to feed them formula 2 flakes and they would eat it in then spit it out. then i tried mysis shrimp they did the same. So i went out and bought formula one, thimkimg they just didnt like the food and still not eating? need help!!

subie41ife

This is normal, if they don't eat. When I first got my clowns, they didnt eat for a few days. give them time to settle down. sooner or later the will start swiming around the tank on their own and start eating.

pagano24

well now its going on day two one of the clowns has dissapeared. It was the smallest one, im guessing that it may have passed away and the scavengers in the tank got to him. They all still are in the same spot of the tank where i put them in. my water qualities are usally good, but im gonna go in and have everything checked out, to be safe.

pagano24

yea, i got the background from spencers. It glows with my coral when i turn on my moon lights. Its day four now and im down to 3 cowns left. I dont know whats going wrong. I acclimated for two hours. I have tried 3 different foods sometimes they eat sometimes they dont. Water is perfectly fine, calcium is a little high but not deadly. All my corals are perfect, growing, looking just fine. Oh, the only thing that i can think of is that the fish store just got them in and they didnt ship well.

kaingers

How old is the tank? Do you have any other fish in the tank? What do you test your SG with? In my experience when your water is too salty, fish will not eat. Hope this helps

tim514

have they jumped out of the back of the tank? I had two do that in the past year. One dried up and the other I somehow saved. Then i decided to put an egg crate on the top.
I feed mine formula 1 and 2 pellets not flakes. (just never tried the flakes, mine tend to not go near the surface for food)
Also, my clowns usually stay in the same spot. I don't get it, but they aren't much explorers. I have never tried more that 2 clowns, maybe they are all stressed out with each other.