New Clowns swimming vertically?

BanditMan15

Yea Kristen he died i just got home the other one seems to want to eat I'm going now to lfs and get my sis and garlic drops... Would it be ok to use copper in my setup if need be? I only have live rock, 1 clown, 2 gobys and three damsels

Last edited:

Kristin1234

Yea Kristen he died i just got home the other one seems to want to eat I'm going now to lfs and get my sis and garlic drops... Would it be ok to use copper in my setup if need be? I only have live rock ?
You have no inverts? Snails? Crabs? Nothing? If nothing then yes. Safe. But before you dose anything you need to find the issue.

What test kit are you using?

Sorry for your loss.

lmforbis

If you don't intend to put any corals in there ever you can. The rock can absorb the copper and it will leach back into the water in the future. Hypo salinity would probably be a better choice. It would kill the ich but not have a long term affect on your system. I would recommend a quarantine tank for future fish purchases. That way you can be sure they are free of parasites prior to adding them to your main tank.

Kristin1234

You can get some copper to be safe but don't dose yet. Find the issue first.

Take the fish to the lfs with you and see if they think it is ich.

Get new test kit while your there. Sailfert is good.

lmforbis

I'd go at least 10gallons for small fish. These fish will need to be in there for 4 to 6 weeks. You don't want them too stressed because of space.
***** is having their dollar a gallon tank sale till the end of April. $10 for a 10 gallon. QT doesnt need to be fancy. I have a 20 gallon, a cheap hang on the back filter a power head I bought on amazon for $10 and a small heater. I put some PVC pipes in it for the fish to hide in. I also have a plastic castle in it to please my granddaughter. Mine has a bit of rubble rock too. Not an expensive set up but it works for small fish.

jay0705

Take the live rock out if u do copper or hypo. Both will kill things living in and on the rock. Dead stuff = ammonia. Ammonia= bad bad. Also if u have sand in the tank that will absorb the copper and hold it longer. A qt is set bare bones. Filter, heater, little decor, light. Thats it , bare bottom. I used a 20L

BanditMan15

Thanks guys that's what I am doing I have a 20 gal at house And got some brine and my sis and clown finally ate a few pieces still need to get garlic drops tho thanks for all your help

jay0705

Garlic u really don't need. Just keep up good water quality. The illness needs to be addressed if its not water quality

BanditMan15

How often should I feed? And I guess I will take him to lfs and have them look at him but I hate to stress him out cause i just got him Saturday