New Clowns

vpotts28

Here are my new clowns

My question is, I bought some ocean nutrition formula 1 pellets, and they will not take it. I also have some ocean nutrition brine shrimp plus, and they are very picky about that as well. But they do eat it. What should I do? TIA

salt_water

Just keep at it, they should soon take to it. Also, try mixing both foods so they may get a piece of the pellets as well. Try smashing a small pinch of pellets in between your fingers and rub your fingers together as to crush it up a bit, they may start to feed on smaller pieces. They'll come around. Do you have any frozen foods for them? Mine seem to love Mysis Shrimp soaked in a garlic based liquid called Selcon. I also feed them Formula 1 pellets, frozen krill and silversides blended together. Often the garlic will get the to eat something they might otherwise pass on, they love garlic. Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.

mike22cha

Is that some sort of quaritine tank or is that the main tank? I would like to see some full tank shots if it is the main tank. I ask because I have never seen the tank without sand or stuff on the bottom or live rock.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Is that some sort of quaritine tank or is that the main tank? I would like to see some full tank shots if it is the main tank. I ask because I have never seen the tank without sand or stuff on the bottom or live rock.

No this is not my main tank it is indeed the quarantine tank.

renogaw

what were they eating at the LFS?
my clowns LOVE mysid shrimp, Sera flakes, and nibble at my clam/shrimp/scallop mixture i make.