New colony polyp

sleeper

Ok, so I just ordered some aquacultured green polyp colony coral. Should be here Friday.
My tank is established and well set up, numbers are in the clear...
Any last minute advice on acclimating/adjusting, tank placement (it's a 29 gal), or anything else for my first corals?
Help is appreciated!

fishieness

oo one more thing.... did you order them online? In which case, definatly start them off on the bottom so they can adjust to your lighting. If you ordered them form your LFS, what lighting do they have there?

sleeper

I ordered them from GASP a competitor... because I only want aquacultured in MY tank (snobby grin)...
But, I have PCs at about 135 watts (on 4 spectra though which increases its effectiveness) plus the 24 hour moonlight in a 29 gallon.

jjlittle

GSP is aggressive towards other corals and grows rampid so keep in mine during placement.It stings other corals and kills them fast. So give it room for it will spread and even need to be cut back in most cases.Nice looking love mine placed it higher so would no climb from bottom to top and take up to much room.

sleeper

Actually, that reminds me... the other coral I was considering... for the other half of the tank, was frogspawn.
Here's why: my roommate is going back home to Oklahoma this weekend, and he's got a gorgeous 75 gal. reef with lots of the stuff.
1) Is it going to be a problem if I set them up on opposite sides and
2) DOes anyone know the best way to box them up and bring them on an airplane? :thinking:

jjlittle

Frog spawns would be fine away from the GSP they too are aggressive I think they even stretch to get to other corals at lease mine seem to so they need room to. As for shipping depends on how long it would be if under 12 hours you could just bag them with water and put into a box. If longer I am not 100% sure you may need oxygen to be added to the bag of water.