New Controller?

shaggyblz

I have been researching mid level controllers for my 110g reef. Not sure which way to go. I think I have it narrowed down to the Digital Aquatic's Reefkeeper Lite level 3 package or the Neptune System's AquaController Jr. I like the options on the more expensive versions of these controllers but I would like to spend less than $300.00. I was hoping to get some feedback from people who use controllers. I do not know anyone that uses one of these systems. If you guys have any suggestions for any system, I sure could use the info. Thanks.

ibew41

I have the ac jr and love it controls temp alternates power heads to make waves and lighting schedule monitors ph

natclanwy

I have the Reefkeeper Elite, and its been awesome if the Lite version will meet your needs then go for it the two controllers are pretty similar in operation the Lite version just doesn't have near the expandability. Their customer service is great, they have been extremely prompt at resolving the couple of issues I have had. The only complaint I have is their quality control is a little off, but like I have said they have been great to deal with, they even overnighted the parts I needed and included shipping labels to return the defective parts.

nietzsche

I have the RKE and I love it. I am disappointed you cant control the aquarium remotely, but only view the status of it. I really like the expandability of this unit so far, but I would have loved to program everything myself like you can in the Neptune systems.
When are you getting your controller?

shaggyblz

It shipped out today. Should get it within a week or so. I also found a free Iphone app that was made specifically for this controller. You can access and control the controller via the iphone. Thought that was pretty cool.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by nietzsche
http:///forum/post/3010296
I have the RKE and I love it. I am disappointed you cant control the aquarium remotely, but only view the status of it. I really like the expandability of this unit so far, but I would have loved to program everything myself like you can in the Neptune systems.
When are you getting your controller?
I think I heard that Remote control is coming but not until they release the MyReef Software for the RKE.
What do you mean by program everything? Does the neptune allow you to write control programs similar to a Macro?

nietzsche

Originally Posted by natclanwy
http:///forum/post/3010768
I think I heard that Remote control is coming but not until they release the MyReef Software for the RKE.
What do you mean by program everything? Does the neptune allow you to write control programs similar to a Macro?
it has its own programming language that you can use. RKE you have to trigger things in order to run equipment, and sometimes its a lot of logic to follow which sucks.
as far as being controlled remotely and when the software comes out, theyre uncertain

acrylic51

All the units from DA and Neptune are very nice, but you guys might want to check out the APEX new from neptune which will be their new line......looks similar to the RK Elite, but alot better features, and price is very good....Check out Neptunes' site for detailed information and actually sit and compare important features or upcoming releases before you part with your hard earned cash....HTH