New Coral + One

wax32

Ok, so I am weird. I bought this Favites sp. coral just so I could get the hitch-hiking Palythoa sp. polyps!
http://www.wax32.com/
And here is a shot of a mature colony of Zoanthus and some Discosoma, plus my Lysmata debelius
, Cryptocentrus cinctus
and a Calcinus tibicen
(my favorite hermit!).

wax32

Thanks! The silly rock had been sitting at the LFS for a couple of months and the polyps were looking nicer and nicer. I dunno why noone bought them.

wax32

That's cool. The picture does them no justice, they have sort've metallic speckles.

rubberduck

hey post a whole thread updating your tank. I have waited too LONG lol :cheer: :thinking:

Lets see your tank and all your million zoos

bronco300

HA! I knew you still had it in ya,lolol something id def do!
where have you been rubber duck?? all you people vanished

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
HA! I knew you still had it in ya,lolol something id def do!
where have you been rubber duck?? all you people vanished
Really, seems like old home night!!
Those corals are beautiful Wax...pretty soon I'll be posting some choice specimens too.
Lisa :happyfish

wax32

Wow, all the old gang out....
I posted a lot of details about the current status of my tank in this thread:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=253296
Basically, I have been concentrating on poison dart frogs lately! But, fear not, I still have the tank. (Go read that thread, LOL.)
RubberDuck, my zoanthids have had a rough go of it... when I stopped coming here so much it was because my zoas were dying left and right and I was mad at the tank! Suffice it to say most of the expensive ones died and the cheaper ones have thrived. Isn't that always the way?

wax32

BTW, did you guys notice that the palys were stinging the favites? The favites polyps closest to the palys are pale like they have been getting beat up. Palys are tough buggers!