New Coral Pictures

Got some new corals, some are old as well. But all new pictures. Enjoy
Cyphastrea, Micromussa, alien eye chalice

blasto merletti, lord acan frags

GBTA and maroon clown

Rainbow Monti

Micromussa Colony

Chalice frag

This is a porites I think? or maybe pink monti? not sure either way its a super bright pink that I just cant capture with my cheapo camera.. doesnt do justice at all but thought id post it anyhow

couple different micromussa's, the red I got for a great deal because only a few polyps are on it.

some cyphastrea and micro again..

Originally Posted by trippkid
Very nice pieces, looks like you spent some cash. Good job, keep up the great job.

Matt
haha, yeah maybe a little bit but alot of it was trading with a very cool local named Cathy. She runs a small LFS size for sale section out of her basement and upstairs of her house is the 800g in wall system.. So on a few of those items I got the hookup from her

M

mr.peanut

If you ever start fragging the rainbow monti let me know I have alot of stuff or I can buy a frag from you

Peanut, no problem. It is about the size of my hand now so as soon as I feel like its perfectly happy in the tank I will be fragging it.
and no the anemone does not move. It moved a few inches on the rock it is on the first night but after that it stayed put. If it were moving it would mean it is unhappy in its location or of course that I had terrible water quality and its trying to find better.. neither of which are a problem. I have it on the far left of my 125 in its own corner that I purposely made a low flow area so that it wouldnt get upset. The person I got it from had it in low flow the entire time they had it as well and never moved there either.

maelv

Looking good D...and I know you....I am sure you got that serious hookup from Cathy....LOL...You're gonna have to take another full tank shot here in a little while so we can see what it looks like now..

I know you want some of that green mouthed micro izzy! now order some crazy stuff in so you got something to trade me when I chop it up!

Well today I visited a guy I know and wound up taking home a split of one of his very large RBTA's.. He has one that has split multiple times throughout the years and is over a foot across. this is a nice specimen and hopefully finds a place soon so it doesnt cross paths with any of my prized corals.
Anywho heres the pics:
Maroon clown wanted to have a color-matched anemone and told the GBTA to kick dirt lol

AND I also got a 40B today for a frag tank.. no water yet, just getting things in place behind the 125.
I drilled it in the upper right corner for a 1" bulkhead and has an ARO electronic ballast running a 250w XM 20k. nice little setup and willing be running water tomorrow. still trying to get a decent eggcrate setup for my corals, this is just a first trial fit.

maelv

Nice...so it is plumbed to our 125? Good move slick.....I want everything that will be occupying that top shelf...LOL

Yup plumbed right in so I dont have to bother keeping up with two seperate systems. I may redo that return line so its up flush against the 125's stand but I did it like that so I can move things around since my ballast's to the 125 are all underneath that area even though it doesnt show in the picture.
as for the top shelf.. there will be some real nice stuff heading its way real soon so I'll keep you up to date lol.
I figure on using the top for sps, micro's, monti's, and then the bottom for large frags of zoo's and etc that don't make a hoot whether they get blasted with light or not.