new coral/skimmer

picked up a new coral while i was in chicago over the weekend. i believe it is a hammer, anyone have an exact id. it is LPS, right? It is my second hard coral, it is thriving already and I just put it in the tank last night. Any response on what it requires would be appreciated.

one more of the coral... btw these pics do it no justice, my tank is pretty stirred up right now b/c Ive been messing around in my sump, and I didnt have my tripod...

and the skimmer... its an excaliber. It seems to be running fine, nothing in the collection cup yet... its been running almost 24 hours... its running on a 200 gph pump, whcih makes me wonder if it woulndt be a bad idea to get a new pump for it in the future...

robchuck

That's definately a Hammer in the first picture. What store did you purchase it from in Chicago?

redawg

Originally posted by midwest reefer
picked up a new coral while i was in chicago over the weekend. i believe it is a hammer, anyone have an exact id. it is LPS, right? It is my second hard coral, it is thriving already and I just put it in the tank last night. Any response on what it requires would be appreciated.

how does someone with nearly 800 posts not know better then to research before they buy? sorry.. couldn't help it..
i feed mine what ever i feed the tank.. meaty foods.. brine, mysis, silver sides.. once or twice a week.. hth

Got it at advanced aquatics in shaumburg.
800 posts doesnt mean a damn thing. I still consider myself a newbie and Ive been keeping stuff for almost 4 years. I know the basics on keeping hardcorals, Im just trying to find out what everyone else does to help theirs succeed.