New Coral

cymbal67

i have no idea. lol i won it an auction at this multi reef club meeting in nokomis fl. this guy hosting the meeting had 3000 gallons of salt water. too many tanks to count. all filled with corals. just to give you an idea, here is a pic of one of his many many tanks. he grows corals. some of these tanks were crazy. just rows and rows of tanks with shelfs and shelfs of corals. it was amazing

cymbal67

the tank it came out of only had 2 shop lights and 2 65w actinics!!! crazy huh. i am starting it low in my tank and then bringing it up higher to get adjusted to the double tip MH

ginarox

w0w!!! i am lost for words,,,that is got to be the most beautiful!!!! tank ever...thanks for showing us that .....have a great day...

cymbal67

the zoas were already attached and they go all the way around, they are fuller on the other side, but the green polyp part comes down further on this side.
i wish that was my tank above....thats just one of the tanks this guy had. this piece of coral came from same guy...but different tank.

mr. guitar

Thanks for the info. I wish I could keep Acros for more than a month. hahaha. The only SPS I'm successful with, now, are Montiporas. Do you have anymore Acros or SPS? Just wonderin.

cymbal67

i may get flamed for posting this, but my tank is only 4.5 weeks old, so this is the only acro in there, but here's what i do have
that acro
long tentacle anenome
candy cane
orange ricordia
blue ricordia
green ricordia
hairy mushrooms
blue mushrooms
red mushroom
eagle eye zoas
fire (red) zoas
blue zoas
purple zoas (hitchhikers)
yellow stony polyps
pink bubble coral
sun coral
frogspawn
red chili
green brain
plate coral
a few polyps of pulsating xenia (came on the acro)
2 perc clowns (took to the anenome in 2 days)
2 blue chromis
1 six line wrasse
1 mystery wrasse
1 sally lightfoot
2 emerald crabs
1 blood shrimp
7 hermits
5 turbo snails
25 narcisis (sp?) snails
fuge has chaeto, small pieces of live rock and 2 mangroves also has a phos-reactor with phosphate removing media in it hanging off th side.
just tested everything again today, and all levels are where they need to be, surprisingly so seeing how much i have in there already (calcium is only at 390 though - so am alternating between purple up , part A&B, and liquid calcium every other day or so to raise those) key to levels....awesome live rock. (although i either have a mantis or a pistol shrimp that hitchhiked in there, i hear faint clicking sometimes)
that guy does sell corals, but mostly frags. he supplies many of the lfs with their corals as well.

mr. guitar

Awesome!!! Thanks for all that info. I wasn't gonna say anything about your tank only being up for 4 weeks. I'm sure someone else will. Doesn't bother me as long as everything is testing right and everythings happy. You probably have a Pistol Shrimp...if it were a Mantis you wouldn't have those beautiful corals. Thanks again!