new corals

scribben

good morning to all i and my new corals will be here tuesday
and i would like some thoughts on placement and so on they are going in three different tanks
list
blue palm
tri color acropora
purple tip frogspawn
4 various sps sps frags for my new sps starter tank
any tips for the sps starter tank would be great and thanks to kip for giving advice on the setup also the blue palm does anyone have one?

scribben

The Blue Palm Coral originates from the shallow reefs of Indonesia and has a thick base with multiple branches, or stalks with asparagus-like heads. These asparagus-like heads are comprised of clusters of zooids that continually filter the water for food. It is common for the Blue Palm to drop their heads both during transit, and within the aquarium. During this time, the tunicate will cover itself with a clear mucous. This is not an indication of poor health. Within a few weeks, it will blossom and form new heads. The Blue Palm is non-photosynthetic and has no lighting requirements, but should be placed in an area of strong water current. Though not nescessary (they eat dissolved matter), they will benefit from supplemental feeding with liquid plankton and other dissolved organic foods, as well as benefiting from the addition of iodine and trace elements. Featured in Julian Sprung's Invertebrates Quick Reference guide page 229.
this is what i have read on the blue palm

scribben

i guess i am looking for personal experiences with the blue palm shipping and how much sucess anyone has had with one

nm reef

I have heard of them ... but thats about it...I've never seen one and I've seldom seen them mentioned. Please keep us posted on how it does....and hopefully somebody can contribute personal experience for you.