New Corals

jacknjill

Got come new corals a couple weeks ago and then today I got "dragon eye" zoanthids according to the store. They haven't quite opened yet though but are a bright neon green in the center. My frogspawn has already grown like crazy in the two weeks that I've had it! I also realized that one of my pumps was off when I took these pictures, so the hammer coral looks a little rough lol.
All my fish are doing fine, although I guess I should say WERE doing fine until my firefish jumped the partition and ended up in the return chamber. My dad managed to get the little guy out, but his tail was pretty badly damaged and he ended up not making it :( I'm thinking about getting a black and white true percula to pair up with my orange true percula to replace it.
So... pic of the frogspawn when i first got it, and a pic of it now. I'll post a picture of my zoas when they open up tomorrow (hopefully!)

J

jc germ

Sorry to hear about your firefish suicide attempt, I really love frogspawn ,and I must say yours looks awesome how long have you had it since it has grown large
nice tank

jacknjill

Thanks! I've only had it for a little over 2 weeks. It really seems to like my tank! I was hoping my clown would host it, but he's definately not the smartest little guy :/

J

jc germ

LOL I feel you on that one
I also have a clown that hosts everything to power heads to rocks but not the things I want him to host funny little fish

crazy, I've had my frogspawn for a 6 weeks at least, and while he has grown it is no where near that much of a growth. I wonder whats different, what kind of lights do you run and is that a bio/nano cube?

jacknjill

Originally Posted by starfishprime
http:///forum/post/3259561
crazy, I've had my frogspawn for a 6 weeks at least, and while he has grown it is no where near that much of a growth. I wonder whats different, what kind of lights do you run and is that a bio/nano cube?
I know even I'm shocked. It's a 14 gallon biocube and I just have 1 24 watt daylight bulb and 1 24 watt actinic bulb.

jacknjill

Originally Posted by Kevin_Bullis
http:///forum/post/3259589
I simply love love love frogspawn, I think it is the coolest coral out there....behind Arco and Monti
Kevin
thanks I'm a big fan of lps in general. I'm hoping to get a candy cane, bubble, torch, and brain coral in the next few weeks. :)

how much flow do you give it? I'm just trying to find what makes a great environment for the coral and compare what you do, compared to how I have it.

jacknjill

Update! Got some more new corals today at a reef club meeting. In these pictures theyre not opened up yet but I wanted to show you guys anyways
Red lobo
Pink encrusting gorgonian
Purple mushrooms
Toadstool
Oh and I included a picture of my fully opened dragon eyes under actinics