new engineer gobys

soulfish

picked these guys up today, the biggest maybe 7"es or so. Getting them ready to go nto a bigger tank in 2 months.. moving to a 180 from a 100.

maryg

I have a couple of smaller ones. Their stripes are still vertical. They are really cool. Watch them make thier tunnels. Hope you have a good foundation and they don't get caved in on.
Nice choice.

teresaq

Very nice. When I set my 150 up, I used pvc made it to 6 inch squares to go under my live rock so they would have a plce to tunnel.
Now I have a question, is that a regular rock in your tank? Those are not good for SW tanks.
TeresaQ

soulfish

Yup my first Engineer goby's The tank is a 100 gallon QT tank till my 180 is brought online in 3 months. Regular river rock will not hurt anything. Been setup for about 6 months this way. Not to mention it's the natural rock in our Oceans here. Doesnt leach anything off.
Please tell me about your tunnel system. I was wanting to do the very same thing with mine, or atleast I had that idea, but haven't been able to find out if anyone else has done this. I want to set up a entire PVC tunnel system under the sand in the new 180 gallon, and put egg crate on top of it then about 2 inches of sand on top of that. Hoping that it will discourage them from digging and they will hopefully use the designed tunnel system. If not I also thought about cutting places in the egg crate and putting tupperware container for them to di down into, making sure they couldnt escape under the egg crate?
Ideas? Any photos of your setup?

soulfish

Same one's but these are adluts. From what the LFS said most dont make it to this stage for whatever reason. Hence why I want to do them right :)

Originally Posted by SoulFish
http:///forum/post/2851067
Same one's but these are adluts. From what the LFS said most dont make it to this stage for whatever reason. Hence why I want to do them right :)
So once they get older they completely change their markings?

mboswell1982

lots of fish do lkr, especially the large angels, they have a juvie marking, and then an adult marking, and some of em are beautiful as juvies, but drab lookin as adults lol

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2851072
lots of fish do lkr, especially the large angels, they have a juvie marking, and then an adult marking, and some of em are beautiful as juvies, but drab lookin as adults lol
Yeah I knew that but I didn't expect that from a engineer goby!

mboswell1982

lol do more research :p LOL and check out the 240g in wall reef build i just posted on in the reef section, its amazing man lol

invertcrazy

these are also called convict gobies. they are going to move a lot of sand or gravel around so be sure your rockwork is secure. they also love to eat.

dse

Originally Posted by InvertCrazy
http:///forum/post/2852266
these are also called convict gobies. they are going to move a lot of sand or gravel around so be sure your rockwork is secure. they also love to eat.
lmao all fish love to eat ehehehe