New First Fish for Tank

tony11705

Hey guys just re did a 90G and was wondering what your favorite fish are. I would also like to include a clean up crew so would need fish along those lines.
I was looking for some suggestions on what your favorite fish are.
Tony

trigger40

lol i would have but tony11705 said he wanted a cuc. but a blue jaw trigger would be a great choice if you want a trigger and a cuc.

tony11705

What is it that you guys love about a kole tang?
What about a Naso Tang in a 90? Is a 90G too small?
-Tony

flower

What is it that you guys love about a kole tang?
What about a Naso Tang in a 90? Is a 90G too small?
-Tony
Sorry, but a 90g is too small for a Naso tang....6 foot tanks are best for tangs. Kole tang is the only one that is small enough to go into a 75g and up...the others start at 100g and go up. Getting a small tang then plan to rehome it is crazy, you will have to dismantle everything to get the fish out, which could stir up the sand releasing toxins...or at the very least stress not only the tang, but all the other tank mates as well. So get fish that can live out their lives in the size tank you have.

I will not do any tang as first fish, they will bully any new one. Without question, two Clownfish will be the best start. By the way, first fish should be hardy fish, angelfish is not a good choice either.

jay0705

Yellow was the first fish in my tank. After I moved. Only fish it attempted to bully was the fox who was bigger. Lasted about an hr. Now there side by side. That said, there is an order fish should be added I agree

tony11705

Flower thanks for the honesty I have read that also.
My daughter wants anenome with clown fish. I am assuming I should wait for the anenome.

Bryce E

If your tank is brand new then yes you will probably want to wait on the anemone. Also make sure that when you get one that you are providing it with enough light. Most have mid to high light requirements as well as pristine water conditions. (They will not tolerate the presence of ammonia etc.) They will need to be spot fed and you'll need to supplement Iodine from time to time. Also, for my newest tank I chose 3 green Chromis for survive-ability as well as something peaceful towards other fish I intend to add later as well as something that won't harm the clean up crew. They are not the worlds most colorful fish but they change color under the light as they change direction while swimming (from green to blue and have a shimmering metalic look to them) they are very curious, very active and shoal together