New Fish Arrived

rara12

Well today im home sick *cough cough* and my fish that i orderd came two days early! Im aclimating them now and it came with one fish i didnt order! I dont know what i'll do with it. Its a valentini puffer about the size of a quarter and i dont really have a place for it. Its going into a 10g now with a pistol and a cbs.
Any thoughts?

lionfish1

See if one of your LFS will take it for store credit
(That's what I would do) If you got it for free any credit you get is awsome.

rara12

and how long should i acclimate him for, Im acclimating the angel that came for three hours and the pair of clowns for one hour, im not sure for the puffer

teresaq

What size tank do you have. I have one in my 55 gal reef. its doing great, and not bothering anything. they only get to about 4 to 6 inches.

rara12

i have a 10 and a 30 ready, but im weary of putting it in the 30 because i have many snails, hermits, and a small dancer shrimp. I have also herd they can pick at urchind and i have two and one is recovering from a *****. I dont know if its safe with them.

rara12

ok, will do. What size tank do they need? i might set up a tank just for him, i have some funds i have been saving up and he can stay in the ten for a few months right?

killafins

i wouldn't keep him in your ten gallon. You may go through significant spikes from what you should be feeding him and wtih his waste. Even if it is for a few months. Store credit, there only like 7 bucks.