New fish--I think I have a new favorite

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Culp
http:///forum/post/2994197
My LFS has a huge fairy wrasse that some one gave to them because its so mean. that fish tore a Hippo tang in half and after than the guy give him to the store to put in they're live rock tank.
Are you sure it was a Fairy Wrasse? Almost all Fairy Wrasse species are very peaceful and I don't know of any I'd describe as "huge". There are plenty of Thalassoma Wrasse species that can be terrors, get quite big, and have a similar appearance. IMO, Fairy & Flasher Wrasse are some of the most under-appreciated fish in the hobby.

The Carpenters Fairy wrasse is one of my favorites... And when i get my Harequinn Bass outta my reef. He's tops on my list as replacement!

thauro77

Hello Guys:
I have 75gl reef tank with 90-100punds of live rock and arround 60 pounds of live sand. I have:
2 Crommies
1 Shrimp Goby
1 Maroon clown fish
1 Color Beauty
1 Midas Blenny
1 Yellow watchman goby
Zoos
1 Bubble Coral
1 Candy Cane coral
1 long tentacle anemone
1 Carpet anemone
1 Dorsa Clam
Here is my Dilema. I have this tank for almost 2 years by now and I have never being able to keep any more fish that the ones listed. I tried to have a Naso Tang and got eaten by the carpet anemone, also tried to keep a pearlscale buterfly and it died few days ago. any new fish that I tried to keep is does not last more than 2 weeks.
I was planning to rearrenge the whole tank to see if that would help. Please advise.
Thanks

the_hadleys

Originally Posted by cmaxwell39
http:///forum/post/2993842
Hadley, the fairy's are the least agressive towards shrimp of any of the wrasses (at least that is my understanding) but depending on the fish they may still pick at them. And HTH is hope that helps.
Thanks for the info! :eek:)

detguy313

that is a nice exqusite..i love those but the only bad thing is they fade so bad if they are not housed with females...i have kept both the pacific and african color varients but i like the varient you have the best the pacific

C

cmaxwell39

Thanks. He is deffenitely a gorgeous fish. I really like him.