new fish ideas!

brun67

hey guys, so im looking to get a new fish for my FOWLR tank since my Picasso Trigger recently passed :(
the fish i have in my tank now are a Porcupine Puffer around 4" and a lunare wrasse around 4".
it is sort of an aggressive setup so im open to any ideas anyone can come up with.
I loved my Picasso and i have no idea how he really died.
thanks!

brun67

its a 75 gallon.
about 65 pounds of LR
and some LS (not sure on the exact amount. All i know is that i got around a 3" sand bed)

geridoc

Why not another trigger - they are beautiful and probably would get along with the aggressive guys you have now.

brun67

thats probly what im going to go with. I love the Nigers.
i was just wonderin what else would be able to go into it.
thanks for the replies.

brun67

i was thinking of the fuzzy lion, but was unsure since i have the puffer in the tank.
i looked into eels and since i dont have a cover as of now im going to hold of on them
thanks tho.

geridoc

If you do get a Niger trigger the lion may be a problem since triggers often nip at the lion's fins.

brun67

yeah, that was the reason why i had the Picasso.
my 2 favorites are lions and triggers. It was a tough decision, but i picked up a baby niger today :)
it probly around 2-3" or so. already notice it's personality.

reefr

do you plan on upgrading? while its ok with the fish as juvelniles, they will NOT do well long term in a 75. more like a 180+G tank long-term.

brun67

yep, im aware of the size issues i will have. the wrasse should be fine, but the niger and the puffer will outgrow it.
im set to move later this year so i will be getting a bigger tank when that happens. I know the puffer has a fairly slow growth so all of em should be good for now.
thanks for the concern though!

reefr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brun67 http:///t/393013/new-fish-ideas#post_3493909
yep, im aware of the size issues i will have. the wrasse should be fine, but the niger and the puffer will outgrow it.
im set to move later this year so i will be getting a bigger tank when that happens. I know the puffer has a fairly slow growth so all of em should be good for now.
thanks for the concern though!
yeah. that wrasse gets too big the 75g IMO, they get 12-13" big!

brun67

yeah your right.
as of now all of them are fine. they have plenty of room.
but i will be upgrading later this year.