new fish question

jhill5

Is it better to buy larger, more adult fish than smaller baby fish. Can older fish take the stress of moving and fighting off disease better?
Which tangs are less likely to get ick, which are most likely.
I have a 180, currently the only fish are a Niger, GSM Clown, and 6 line wrasse.
I want to add a Foxface soon, then two tangs, one possibly a powder blue.
Let me know your thoughts.

promisetbg

Powder blues,gold rims,achilles and regals seem to be the most ich prone. Tiny babies are tough..but the size a bit bigger is good. A full grown adult taken from the wild would have a harder time adjusting to life in a tank. If you set up a proper quarantine tank{and you should} you won't have to worry either way about ich. Be cautious when purchasing yellows..many are cyanide caught. A full grown naso is a large fish..and they love to swim. Sohals can be mean as the devil. I like tangs in the bristletooth family~Koles and Tomini are two. Black Zebrasomas are gorgeous but pricey. Purples can be a bit aggressive..especially towards newcomers,as can also be the case with Red sea sailfins.Chevrons are beautiful when young but lose that pretty color when full grown.

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Powder blues,gold rims,achilles and regals seem to be the most ich prone. Tiny babies are tough..but the size a bit bigger is good. A full grown adult taken from the wild would have a harder time adjusting to life in a tank. If you set up a proper quarantine tank{and you should} you won't have to worry either way about ich. Be cautious when purchasing yellows..many are cyanide caught. A full grown naso is a large fish..and they love to swim. Sohals can be mean as the devil. I like tangs in the bristletooth family~Koles and Tomini are two. Black Zebrasomas are gorgeous but pricey. Purples can be a bit aggressive..especially towards newcomers,as can also be the case with Red sea sailfins.Chevrons are beautiful when young but lose that pretty color when full grown.
I would agree mid size fish are the best.