New fish time

doggie

So it's time for a new fish!!!
I would like to have something colorful. The tank is looking a little dull.
I had a lunare wrasse but the eel finally got it.
Right now I have:
Pretty timid dogface
Medium niger trigger
About a 14 inch fim. eel
I was watching a Miniatus Grouper for my neighbow awhile ago. It was nice but I don't know if I want one myself. I just want one more fish that is colorful and is kinda active. Any suggestions? I really liked the lunare wrasse. My lfs told me he could get a large one but i can't trust that eel.
Tank is a 125. About 150 pounds live rock and about 100 pounds live sand.

olemiss

The fimby really limits your options as it will eat or severely injure every fish in the tank as it grows except for large fish such as groupers/snappers, which will not fit in your tank. The puffer may be ok for a while but the triggers days are numbered. My fimby is a little over two foot, it took down a 4-5 inch picasso that a friend donated. If you want more fish, sell the eel or make it a species tank.

doggie

I guess I'll just have to stay limited. No way am I getting rid of the eel. I love that fish.
I have 4 little blue damsels in there too. The eel is slowly picking them off. But I knew that was going to happen.
I'll check out the tusk.

halamaya

what about a venemous fish like a lion fish. Always liked the Marine Bettas and they get quite large. I only have a Snowflake and as long as I keep him well fed (everyday) he doesn't go hunting for my fish, so far.

skate020

dont get a lion, it'll get killed by the trigger and dogface.
why not get a angel?
like a blueface or asfur, something that grows slowly so it doesnt outgrow your tank for years?
tusk would be nice but harder to get ahold of i find

doggie

My lfs has a nice lion. He told me not to get it because of the trigger.
He said he could order me a tusk for about $275. Ouch.
Maybe I'll wait till after x-mas.

doggie

He said it would be a larger medium one. Even online they run anywhere from $100-$250.
I'll still look around.

skate020

i've never seen a tusk around my area (i live in the UK)
so i have no idea what the price range is.
but if you can afford one and get your hands on one,
it'll be a lovely fish. but as far as the lions concerned. i dont think it'll be a wise choice to add with a trigger.
why not even go for another trigger?
maybe a pinktail of something?

doggie

I figured I'd try to get something that the eel will not eat. As olemiss said iI think my trigger has limited time on his hands.
I want something a little more colorful and that the eel won't bother, well at least for a long time.