New Fish To Add and Some...

bms

ok so i have a dilemma. i currently have a 100 gallon tank with the following fish:
1 large tomato clown (pretty peaceful)
1 royal dottyback (kind of territorial)
1 zebra damsel (peaceful)
1 electric blue damsel (a little terror!)
had: 1 mandarin that was doing fine til one day i saw the blue damsel just beating the crap out of him (so now he is in the QT and im hoping he recovers)
1 randalli shrimpgoby which got attacked the first day by the blue damsel and went into hiding for two weeks and i thought he was dead til i saw him hiding in a cave (which is now dead and was found stuck to the intake of my pump)
1 yellow clown goby that seems to appear and disappear for a few days but has now been a few weeks and i fear for the worst, he was only a half inch long so im sure something got to him.
i think i am going to remove the blue damsel because he is so mean (and possibly the zebra damsel--just because i want a more colorful fish--and i dont want him causing any problems when he gets bigger)
my LFS will take a credit for like $1-$2 for each fish and i have a gift certificate for there so i am contemplating between getting a 6 line wrasse (which i hope doesnt get bullied) or 3-4 green chromis and either a powder blue tang or a pigmey angel such as a flame angel/potters angel. i would really like to add some color to my tank but i dont want to buy any fish that will get bullied and killed overnight or during the first week.
i just bought some koralia 1's that i am going to add to the tank and i was thinking of changing the rockwork around a bit because i have to get under some rocks to get out a powerhead i have inside there. shouldnt be too hard of a job but i hear that changing the aquascape makes the current inhabitants more peaceful because it is somewhat a new place to them to find their own territories. any suggestions on the fish selection and or the reaquascaping idea? thanks, bms.

btldreef

Originally Posted by bms
http:///forum/post/3204451
ok so i have a dilemma. i currently have a 100 gallon tank with the following fish:
1 large tomato clown (pretty peaceful)
1 royal dottyback (kind of territorial)
1 zebra damsel (peaceful)
1 electric blue damsel (a little terror!)
had: 1 mandarin that was doing fine til one day i saw the blue damsel just beating the crap out of him (so now he is in the QT and im hoping he recovers)
1 randalli shrimpgoby which got attacked the first day by the blue damsel and went into hiding for two weeks and i thought he was dead til i saw him hiding in a cave (which is now dead and was found stuck to the intake of my pump)
1 yellow clown goby that seems to appear and disappear for a few days but has now been a few weeks and i fear for the worst, he was only a half inch long so im sure something got to him.
i think i am going to remove the blue damsel because he is so mean (and possibly the zebra damsel--just because i want a more colorful fish--and i dont want him causing any problems when he gets bigger)
my LFS will take a credit for like $1-$2 for each fish and i have a gift certificate for there so i am contemplating between getting a 6 line wrasse (which i hope doesnt get bullied) or 3-4 green chromis and either a powder blue tang or a pigmey angel such as a flame angel/potters angel. i would really like to add some color to my tank but i dont want to buy any fish that will get bullied and killed overnight or during the first week.
i just bought some koralia 1's that i am going to add to the tank and i was thinking of changing the rockwork around a bit because i have to get under some rocks to get out a powerhead i have inside there. shouldnt be too hard of a job but i hear that changing the aquascape makes the current inhabitants more peaceful because it is somewhat a new place to them to find their own territories. any suggestions on the fish selection and or the reaquascaping idea? thanks, bms.
GET RID OF THE DAMSELS! They will decide what you can keep in your tank, not you and eventually will turn on you. Those suckers can draw blood. Evil fish, evil, evil fish.
Anyways, don't get a sixline. Look into a more peaceful wrasse such as a flasher or a fairy. SixLines are one of the more aggressive wrasses. Here's the deal, it's 50/50 on whether or not you get a nice one, and if you don't, good luck catching it. These fish swim insanely fast and will learn your rock work in a matter of seconds. I had one that killed a mandarin and picked on every fish in my tank, you would've thought it was a DAMsel.
I don't know if a Powder Blue is the best option for you, it will eventually outgrow your tank.
Instead of Chromis, you might want to look into anthias for some more color. Chromis usually stop schooling in the home aquarium, anthias usually do not as well. Chromis will also usually fight with one another to establish dominance in the a home aquarium and you'll end up loosing a few in the battle.
If you decide on Anthias, I highly recommend Lyretails - females, they're the hardiest fish and one will turn to a male over time. If you buy one that's already a male, they usually don't last for whatever reason.
Pygmy angel would be a great option, just make sure you have lots of LR for them to pick at and feed them a good diet designed for angels. Flames are easier to care for than Potters, but the Potters is a really cool fish!
Rescaping works for some fish, not DAMsels. You could move the rocks until you're blue in the face, they'll still kill anything that they don't like. Try not to stir up to much sand while you're moving around the rock work.
Koralia 1's in a 100G? Is this going to be a reef or fish only? K1's really aren't going to push enough water unless you have a ton of them.