New Fish

imurnamine

Today I bought several Turbo Snails and a Neon Goby.
I have a 72 Gallon bow setup, with a False Percula, three Blue Chromis and a Firefish.
Any input on the Neon Goby?

rbrockm1

yeah they are cleaner fish. i had one it was funny to watch. I ve heard they get ick pretty easy. Thats what mine died of. i loved having one in my tank. he was always cleaning my Potter

traps

They'll clean your hand if you stick it in. Mine will clean and eat flake, cute little guys.

sepulatian

Neon gobies are great and they are not as aggresive as the shrimp. I once had a coral beauty scarred on his face from a cleaner shrimp. Most fish, even those that could swallow the fish whole, will not eat a cleaner goby. It is like they know! :joy:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Today I bought several Turbo Snails and a Neon Goby.
I have a 72 Gallon bow setup, with a False Percula, three Blue Chromis and a Firefish.
Any input on the Neon Goby?
Silly girl, you know better than to buy the fish then ask for opinions :joy:
You should be fine.
Glad to see you were able to keep your tank, btw.

dogstar

Cute tiny fish I quess. They mostly cling to rock surfaces. Breed easy in captivity but lifespands are only 2 years if their lucky.

imurnamine

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Silly girl, you know better than to buy the fish then ask for opinions :joy:
You should be fine.
Glad to see you were able to keep your tank, btw.

Awww, but I read up while at the store and got a couple of opinions from other customers that had one as well, first!
I just wanted to hear about any experiences with the Neon Goby from all of my fabulous friends at SWF!

imurnamine

Yeah, I don't have a tank anymore... : (
The 72 that I'm referring to was once mine, but he bought it for me and now pays for me to put what I need to in it, decorate it, stock it, etc. It rocks.