New Fish

mlf5135

My tank has been out of commission for about 3 months now and last week I recently did two water changes the first one of 50% and the next of about 30% after about two days I checked all of the perameters and all were close to perfect. The next day I bought 3 damsels two of which were from the same tank and one from a different tank. After the first night the two from the same tank were dead and the one from the tank by itself has been very active and seeminly thriving for 5 days now. I was just wondering what you all think. Do you think it had something to do with the previous condition of the 2 fish and that I should buy some new ones, or do you think that the tank is not yet completely habitable? Thanks.

mr.clownfish

i dont think its ready.
if ur parameters were not good then u should not have put them in there. if possible take the one in there out wait about a month then try again.

fishlawyer

What type of Damsels were they? Given the tough nature of most Damsels, it sounds like something is seriously off with your tank... I have Three Yellow-Tail damsels in my DT at my office and I am certain they could live in my septic tank if necessary... Very tough fish.

mfoley

Rarely can anything short of the scythe of the Grim Reaper himself can so much as faze a damsel, so I'd say it's the water.