New fish

superdust

Okay I think I am in the market for a new fish now. My tank is a 55 long with about 55 lb of live rock, 2 x 175 metal halide, skimmer, 5 inch DSB. I have some yellow polyps, mushrooms, Pink Tip Hiatian (sp) in which a tomato clown was using until he came down with Brooklynella and died. I was told to wait at least 6 weeks and it has now been about 7 - 7.5 weeks. I would like some suggestions...especially your fav. clown....but any will be appreciated.
Thanks

hhands361

I think that a small group of 3 to 4 false percula clowns would be great! I have 3 and they are awesome. Great presonality and very energetic.

koiman6

I think a pair of clarkii clowns would be nice. I would say get a blenny they are really fun to watch. You could also try a dwarf angel but he could nip your corals. You could get some cardianlfish. Maybye a yellow tang if your tank is a 55 long.

superdust

Thanks for the responses. I don't want to go with a tang in a 55, to many beautiful fish that will be happier in my tank. I do like dwarf angels, which are the most reef safe and hardy? I like the couple of percula OR clarkii right now. Keep the ideas coming though.

flamehawk

IMO.. flame hawk, royal gramma , flame angel, and maroon clown...in that order....and call it a day. Good luck!...isn't this fun?
PS- add them slowly .One every 7-10 days.

you can have an odd number of clowns? in that case im getting 2 more false percs. One isn't enough. alone he does lots of weird stuff BUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man

dfishh

flame hawk, dont u think he could fit a bit more into a 55 gallon tank? mine already has 6 fish, not very large but.......im still planning to get more, in ur opinion, do u think this is too much?
o ye and superdust, i think u could go with a dwarf angel, sum clowns, and maybe a wrasse. i like wrasses, depending on wat kind, cuz sum can be agresive, and non reef safe
DAVE

dfishh

flame hawk, dont u think he could fit a bit more into a 55 gallon tank? mine already has 6 fish, not very large but.......im still planning to get more, in ur opinion, do u think this is too much?
o ye and superdust, i think u could go with a dwarf angel, sum clowns, and maybe a wrasse. i like wrasses, depending on wat kind, cuz sum can be agresive, and non reef safe
DAVE

flamehawk

With the water displacement from LR and LS, I figure there is about 40g's of actual water in tank. If you go with the 1 inch per 2/3 gallons rule(since it is a semi reef, this s/b ok VS 1in. per 5 g's for full reef) you could have 13-20 inches of fish max. The fish suggested add up to about 15-16 inches. Wouldn't go more for now. Perhaps after tank is over the mini shock of adding these fish, may be able to add about another 3 inches or so max. I would wait on this though and would suggest stopping as originally stated. Thanks and good luck.