New Frag Tank

grubsnaek

cause i found this on the bay for a 6500K T5 bulb. i know your going halide just wondering bout my frag tank. this is what the page said about aquariums thats why i asked that in my last post.
"Aquariums
The 6500K light is great for freshwater aquariums or salt water aquariums not requiring actinic radiation. The fameous IAWASKI aquarium lamp is a 6500K bulb. With color temperatures above 6500K , light output drops considerably. That's because you can't see the light the bulbs are giving off. "

maxalmon

I don't know much about T5's, but with MH the 6500k's are closer to mid-day sun, it's a real crappy yellow color but from what I've read and from what others have posted you can get some incredible growth, but the coral coloration is pretty bad, so once the grow out is done, then over to the 20k's to color them up.... On the flip side I run 6500k on my fuge and the chaeto grows like crazy, it a coralife freshwater 2x9w mini compact unit and the lighting is pretty bright and white so there must be a major difference with tube type lights vs MH...

ledzep fan

If you are willing to sell a "frag pack" or frags that I would like to buy, I would be willing to buy them. Hit me up with a PM

rebelprettyboy

yeah I saw that, but hes only made 1 post this month and just doesnt post like he use to. Wish he would come back though. Guy takes some amazing pics!

viv2me

wow that was really interesting to see how the frag is done, been wondering about how to do it. too bad the thread is not kept up to date, i would have liked to see how well the frags was doing, the ones he had left that is, wonder about how long a shroom takes to reestablish(back to shroom shape), and so on. it was really great to see.thanks

maxalmon

Hey Rebel, thanks for the comments...This time I think I'm back to stay...I'm not much to share my personal life, but 3 years ago I broke my neck and I've had to place priority on health vs hobby...rehab took much longer than expected, now I can get back to doing what I enjoy....I've wiped the slate clean and will start with a new inwall system and an improved frag tank....

grubsnaek

Originally Posted by maxalmon
http:///forum/post/2758129
Hey Rebel, thanks for the comments...This time I think I'm back to stay...I'm not much to share my personal life, but 3 years ago I broke my neck and I've had to place priority on health vs hobby...rehab took much longer than expected, now I can get back to doing what I enjoy....I've wiped the slate clean and will start with a new inwall system and an improved frag tank....
good to see all is well. no pun intended with my posts, just tryin to get updates. so wuts the future plans. for the in wall and frag tank....do tell.....

maxalmon

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2758691
good to see all is well. no pun intended with my posts, just tryin to get updates. so wuts the future plans. for the in wall and frag tank....do tell.....
We are still packing the house and I won't be able to do the inwall install for atleast 2 weeks, or untill we are settled into the new house. Still have to create the foam aquascaping and that will take a while. As for the frag tank, who knows...Not sure what I'm going to do or what type of design...