New Frag technique for Kenya Tree

efrank

I recently got a "reef safe" anenome crab from saltwater.com. Turns out they are not reef safe and he went after my Kenya Tree and my hammer corals before I pulled him out of the tank.
Anyway the silver lining is that the crab clipped about 8 branches of my Kenya Tree off. The pieces floated all over my tank and attached to lr, shells ect. Turned out ok

efrank

caught him with a piece in his claw and then a piece of hammer in his claw. The guy at my LFS told me it is a known fact that they are not reef safe, but i have read mixed reviews on this.

mantisman51

I've had my Kenya for 2 weeks and it has fragged itself 3 times. I am totally stoked! Also, there are pink xenias popping up everywhere on the LR. Did I mention that the blue and neon green mushrooms are spreading like wildfire, as well? I love coral!

bill109

so the not so reef safe crab helped you out little with the kenya then?
everyone says kenya grows like crazy but i hvent seen mine grow at all.. my sps and lps all grow fine butt he kenya.. not so much.
did you get pics of the crab with a new frag in claw'?

efrank

No. When I caught him with a piece of my hammer in his claw I freaked out and pulled the piece of LR out put him in a cup and brought him the the LFS. They told me there that they are noot reef safe, but this sight and others list them as being ok in reefs. In any event my Kenya is doing great but the hammer is still slimming and pissed.

renogaw

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3027598
so the not so reef safe crab helped you out little with the kenya then?
everyone says kenya grows like crazy but i hvent seen mine grow at all.. my sps and lps all grow fine butt he kenya.. not so much.
did you get pics of the crab with a new frag in claw'?
bill, mine is so friggin big it takes up almost 1/8 of my rock wall.
where is your's in your tank? mine's almost to the bottom of the tank (and reaches half way up)

pezenfuego

I prefer colt corals. IME, they don't grow quite as fast and Imo are cooler looking. Can't kenyas bud? Maybe the coral was just budding...but that doesn't really explain the hammer.