New gonoporia Coral

sarwiz100

Originally Posted by Rappa
XRAYMAN...
I don't think that is goniopora. I'm pretty sure it's Alveopora.
I agree, there are only 12 tentacles around the center, whereas gonipora has 24.

xrayman

Yes it is a alveopora same family as flowerpot.Yes from what i have heard very hard to keep i have heard alot of people keeping them and alot that don't make it.They are such pretty critters.

X

xrobbx03

yeah they look awesome i mean im up for trying to keep it healthy so i will see what happens and how long it lasts
just gotta make sure i keep my camelback away from it saw him try to get near it last night

ctgretzky9

Originally Posted by xrobbx03
i dont see why u get mad that that it only lasted 9 months i think its a great looking coral to have and it if lasts 8 months to a year thats fine with me

Because to have something that normally lives for decades and decades, have die in 8 months, is not the intention of this hobby.

ctgretzky9

Originally Posted by xrobbx03
i guess theres no winning people over in this discussion.

awww..really, dont take it that way. We are all friends here. It was nothing personal.
It is just that taking something from the wild that can live on for so long, and having it die in an aquarium in such a short span is just sad no matter what the life is. That's all.