New guy...

ls244

Hi im 23 looking to start a saltwater experience...Ive always wanted one but ive finally just got myself financially stable enough to participate.
Ive read alot of the stickies and even sit down and read through all the 101 tips that is stickied...
Im looking to start a small tank for my first tank I believe... Even thought about just buying a kit from the internet. Our local stores are just the everyday petlands..We dont have any small locals owning their own store unfortunately..
If its a bad idea dont be afraid to say so and why. Im the type who does better seeing something than reading it..

teresaq

Hi and Welcome. first things first. If you wouldn please delete the link you posted. Those arent allowed. Just copy and past the specks on it.
Second, that is a nice tank. You will be able to keep lots of corals with that tank. One problem with them though is heat. Its a lot of light closed in. A small chiller will probably be needed. Check out the Nano section for other with that type tank.
Good Luck

T

yearofthenick

The 28g HQI is a great starter tank. However, there have been reports of fires from the ballasts on these HQI's... make sure you've read up on it.