New here,Hello :)

brucewrs

Just wanted to say HELLO.... This is my set up..
AGA 210 gallon MegaFlow Aquarium with dual overflows
AGA Classic Mission series maple cabinet stand
AGA Classic Mission series maple hood/canopy
Glass Canopy
2 1400gph (gallons per hour) pumps
Red Sea Berlin Turbo XL Protein Skimmer
2 Titanium 300watt heaters
Electronic external temperature controller
Proclear Aquatics model 400 wet/dry trickle filter
RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis/De-Ionization) 3 stage system produces 67gallons per day
120 lbs live rock
120 lbs live sand
Lighting is not so good:( I have a 48 inch compact 130 watt atinic also a 48" twin bulb floresent
12" Princess Parrot fish
5" Niger Trigger
6" Lunare Wrasse
6" Pink Tail Trigger
3" FileFish
7" Porcipine Puffer
6" Achilles Tang
5" Yellow Tang
6" Blue Hippo Tang
9" Blonde Naso Tang
5" Black speckled Grouper
4" V-Tail red Grouper
17" Snowflake Mooray eel
4" Soldierfish
6" Earcheak Angel
4" Scribbled Foxface
2 x 7" Silver Scats
3" Sergeant Major
2" Yellow Damsel
Asst. Starfish, urchins, snails, hermit crabs.

teviesfish

Welcome.... i like the system and love the color of the cabnet you have. i would difinatly get some more rock. . how long have you been up and running? Are those real or fake corals? If they are real i would look into better lighting. The fish look great and seem to be happy as all get out. I just personally think that the more the rock the more they are happy with hiding spots and nooks and crannys. Welcome again and keep us posted

renogaw

nice to meet you and your fish :) this website has a LOT of people from beginners to experts, so i hope you enjoy it! (i'd agree on more live rock though)

brucewrs

I added another 70lbs of rock.I still need more.No live corals.Those two pink ones are fake.My daughter likes them so that is why they are there..LOL..I bought this set up about 2 weeks ago...It was established and I had to break it down.I kept 100 gallons of the water in 20 5gallon jugs.I moved this whole tank from Orlando to Hobe Sound.2 1/2 drive without losing a fish.I had put all the fish in a big cooler with a batter air pump.Here are a few pics that I just took..

teviesfish

LOL puffers are so sweet arnt they? And I have a daycare so i know about keeping the kids pleased as well. Love the pics!

ginarox

very sweet,,,, the tank is beautiful.... love the pictures thankyou for sharing,,,have a great day..

brucewrs

Thanks..I had a Tomato clown that I bought 2 days ago and he was doing good.I woke up this morning and he is gone.I have a feeling my spotted grouper had a late dinner snack.

J

jdragunas

beautiful tank and great setup!
is it just me or does that seem like a lot of fish?

brucewrs

Originally Posted by jdragunas

Thank you.I thought it was alot of fish but the guy I bought it from was telling me the tank is half stocked..How many fish do people put into a 210gallon tank?

mikeyjer

A lot of fish! There is 20 fish in that tank. A LOT of'em would grow to be HUGE monsters!!! Even though it's a 210 gallon tank, I feel the tank is over stocked especially with some of the major waste maker, the triggers and the tangs!! This will be a fish only tank, it can't go coral because of your fish selection. Beautiful tank though, might want to think about taking some of those fish out....I would also think about getting rid of those bio-balls and switch to a refugium type of system underneath. Add more live rock would be wise....Good Luck!! :happyfish

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Saltwaterfish.com! Glad to see you join us and hope you stick around to share your experiences!

miaheatlvr

I wrote something very very innocuous about "The Tang Police" are gonna come out and it was deleted, what a joke!

mfinnegan

Welcome aboard....this site is great....and a lot of knowledgable people here.....We got a 100 gal. established tank back in June.....everything moved well....and then I added some fish without QT them......I lost 9 out of 11 fish.......
I'm happy it is all going well......just please be careful with adding anything new......I suggest with a system like you have....you QT......I'd hate for you to go through what I am........
I'm new at this.......but.....I just want you to know.....things can change drastically quickly....
Good luck!

J

jdragunas

yeah, you have to be REALLY careful what you say around here...
and yeah, IMO, that's pretty overstocked. They say that you should have 1" of fish for every 4 gallons, and once it's been pretty established you could work down to 1" per every 2-3 gallons. As long as your filtration can keep up, though! so for your tank, that means you should limit yourself to 52.5" of fish at first. Now this is just a RULE OF THUMB, but it's a good rule to start with. Once you get the hang of everything, you'll be able to play it more by ear. Right now you have 124" of fish and those aren't even full grown!!! :scared: was this guy that you got this tank from in the saltwater hobby for long? It sounds like he was stocking it like a freshwater tank.
IMO don't add anymore fish! as long as your numbers are ok, then you're ok for now, but make sure you keep an eye on everyone. When your tank becomes that full, they tend to get even more aggressive, especially the more aggressive ones like puffers, tangs, and angels, because there isn't enough space for everyone to establish their own individual territory. This in turn causes constant territory invasion, and eventually people (fish) get hurt.

brucewrs

The guy I bought it from seemed very knowledgeable regarding saltwater fish.He knew all the proper terms and names for each fish.It almost seemed that maybe he worked for a fish store.I been in this hobby for many years.I had a reef,shark and African sicklet(sp) tanks.Never had a tank this big. Plus I have been out of the loop for awhile.Well,Thank you everyone,and I will be around for awhile.:)

mikeyjer

yeah, you have to be REALLY careful what you say around here...
and yeah, IMO, that's pretty overstocked. They say that you should have 1" of fish for every 4 gallons, and once it's been pretty established you could work down to 1" per every 2-3 gallons. As long as your filtration can keep up, though! so for your tank, that means you should limit yourself to 52.5" of fish at first. Now this is just a RULE OF THUMB, but it's a good rule to start with. Once you get the hang of everything, you'll be able to play it more by ear. Right now you have 124" of fish and those aren't even full grown!!! :scared: was this guy that you got this tank from in the saltwater hobby for long? It sounds like he was stocking it like a freshwater tank.
IMO don't add anymore fish! as long as your numbers are ok, then you're ok for now, but make sure you keep an eye on everyone. When your tank becomes that full, they tend to get even more aggressive, especially the more aggressive ones like puffers, tangs, and angels, because there isn't enough space for everyone to establish their own individual territory. This in turn causes constant territory invasion, and eventually people (fish) get hurt.
I basically said the samething and my post was deleted, I didn't say anything rude or mean in my post. I don't get why it was deleted????

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Bruce, one thing you will always find in any forum like this is lots of opinions! LOL Unfortunately, sometimes we loose sight of the need to welcome newcomers rather than critique the minute a new person joins in.
Your tank is well stocked, and you may need to set up another tank for some of those fish in the future, but for now stick around and read, participate, and learn. This hobby is a never ending learning experience and no one here knows everything, though some try. LOL
You have a nice looking tank.
Again, welcome!