NEW HERE

eviestulips

Hello All!
I am new to the saltwater fish tanks, I am getting a nice 60 gallon tank from a friend that comes with EVERYTHING on a good deal, But I hear that saltwater tanks will ruin your house,metal,ect! I am moving the tank soon, She lives about 30-45 min away from me, So far she said there are 10 fish
-white/yellow clown fish
-purple clam
-a few crabs
-starfish
-2 cucumbers
- pricker fish
Anybody can give me some more info that would be great!
Thanks, Misty

njbillyv

What saltwater tanks will ruin is your budget so be prepared to spend both a lot of time and money or don't bother (no offense but it's true). I vastly underestimated the time, effort, and money required to keep one and a lot of innocent fish died because of it. Granted it's the best hobby ever as I now have 5 tanks all doing great. All I'll say is research everything, then research it some more, and go slow, very very slow.
Good luck!

eviestulips

I just glad I dont have to buy everything from start, Everything is coming with it that she bought over $3,500... I been researching and been writing notes. But all glad that i found this site to read also! And thanks! :)

S

siptang

Welcome to the site.
First thing to learn is how to maintain the optimum water condition for your fish and inverts.
salinity
nitrites, trates
phosphates
ammonia
ph
those are the most fundamental thing that you should always keep at pristine condition.
Once again, welcome to the hobby and see you around!
Feel free to ask any questions!

snakeblitz33

Welcome to the forums. Stick in there and you'll figure it all out.
Check out the snakes methods threads for additional information.

icedtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviestulips http:///t/390542/new-here#post_3459360
I was reading and taking notes, but had to take a break.... lol :) And thanks
Good call haha. I do the same thing. Once my contacts start to dry up...I know I've spent too much time reading the forums.
Welcome and good luck. Just go slow and enjoy the hobby day by day.

eviestulips

Yeah, I was reading until my vesion was messing up and had to take a break! :p
I dont get the tank until maybe next week or so, Its already set up where its at, Everything comes with it, And Just have to move it too her at my home,