New Hobbyist - Need Advise Please!

mattyjatz

Previously Posted In "New Hobbyist" Section:
First off, I wanted to say thank you all on the saltwaterfish.com forums for being so damn smart with Saltwater Aquariums! I've done nothing but read, read, read since I took interest in the hobby.
I've been searching all over trying to find the best deal on a sw tank and found this deal on craigslist. She is selling this 29g Biocube without the bulbs. Would it be worth buying without the bulbs and then purchasing bulbs online or at my LFS? Not sure how much individual parts are for the Biocubes. I was able to talk her down to $150. I thought I would try and get opinions on here first before making a deal with her.
Craigslist Article:
29 gallon biocube aquarium and lid.
Light bulbs not included in lid.
Brand new in box , never used.
No stand.
$175 OBO
Reduced price!
Opinions would be awesome. Thanks a lot everyone.
-Matt

nano-newb1983

i say tell her to keep the hood and offer $100, then go online and buy a Sunpod MH 150W light
if not new bulbs should be much

mattyjatz

Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983
http:///forum/post/3068220
i say tell her to keep the hood and offer $100, then go online and buy a Sunpod MH 150W light
if not new bulbs should be much
Newb, thanks for the advise. Sunpod's are a little pricey though aren't they? Looks like they're around $250-$300.
If it's new in box, why are there no lights?
Sounds sketchy. Check it out though and +1 on what Newb said.
She gave the bulbs to a friend who has the same tank I guess...

rtspeed

Try ---- and look for the seller currentusa, they sell refurbished sunpods in A and B states. I have one and never had a problem with it. They run about 135-200 range.

alix2.0

wanna REALLY save some money? just go out and buy the 500 gallon tank that youre going to eventually want right now.
not kidding at all.
but yeah i would definately replace the hood.

mattyjatz

Would anyone recommend the ADA tanks as a starter tank? I was looking at DeMartini's ADA tank, and for the price, they are pretty nice.
Thanks again everyone.