New Iwaki pump, SWEET!

escape2thewater

I finally got tired of dealing with my mag drive pumps and installed a REAL return pump! Its an Iwaki WMD-30RLXT & wow what a difference! Wish I would have done that a loong time ago.
Escape
:happyfish
theres never time to do it right but theres always time to do it over.....

mpls man

congrats on the new pump, i have the same as well , but i haven't got it hooked up yet i'm going to run it on my 110 for the closed loop, how does it work for flow ???according to the chart i have it will be at 1025gph for 3', i bought mine from the famous bid web site for $85.00..

fishy7

I am familiar with the green/greyish color pump.... Love mine.
Congrats! I can barely hear mine running.

escape2thewater

Originally Posted by MPLS MAN
congrats on the new pump, i have the same as well , but i haven't got it hooked up yet i'm going to run it on my 110 for the closed loop, how does it work for flow ???according to the chart i have it will be at 1025gph for 3', i bought mine from the famous bid web site for $85.00..
I have about 5' of head pressure so mine should be flowing about 930gph. And it does it very nicely, quiet and lots of flow. I was running a mag9.5 for the past couple years but the Iwaki pump is no comparison, much better.
Escape

escape2thewater

Originally Posted by robPSca
Hey Escape.
i love your set up. would love to have a diagram of it if you wouldnt mind. a full pic perhaps ?
barehandsmassage@aol.com
thank you in advnace.
Thanks. Its hard to get a full pic b/c of how my stand is but I can show you another angle. As far as a diagram, I will do my best, which wont be very good unfortunatley. I suck at making diagrams
more to come.
Escape

hansgruber

Is it silent??? I want to buy a Iwaki or the other yellow (blueline/panworld) models. Anyone know which one is quieter??
Setup looks good BTW.

fixed

Originally Posted by HansGruber
Is it silent??? I want to buy a Iwaki or the other yellow (blueline/panworld) models. Anyone know which one is quieter??
Setup looks good BTW.

Same question, I need something silent, too.

escape2thewater

The pump is very quiet. It does have a high pitched hum sound though. I would reccomend it for sure.
The fuge drains back into the sump through the pipe in the back right corner. Sorry I forgot to include it in my drawing.
Escape