New Kole Tang

jthomas0385

I bought a new Kole Tang yesterday. I drip acclimated for 3 hours, put him in the tank. He seems to be extremely shy.. Is it normal for him to be so shy?

jthomas0385

He has been grazing on the LR a lot, but has not eaten any of the food during feeding time. I have 2 clowns, 1 foxface, and 2 chromies.

cofishguy

Try offering him some algae sheets on a vegetable clip. My Powder Brown tang was like that at first but once I put the sheets out for him to graze on, he went crazy. Now he eats anything I put in there from flakes, pellets, and of course loves the Algae Sheets
Sounds like he is hungry for algae if he is grazing on your live rock.
Good Luck,

maryg

They are pretty shy. It took a week for my new one to come out. He stays in his cave alot. I had a large shell and rubber banded a piece of algae sheet to it and threw it in his cave. He has been grazing on it. I have been trying to see if I can catch him eating prepared foods. It is hard to catch him in the open.
They are great fish.

florida joe

Koles are grazers they should not be shy after initial introduction, make sure he is not being harassed they are aggressive in there own right

vkuroczka

I rescued a Kole Tang from my LFS, he was VERY shy. While in QT he would hide if anything moved in the room. After he went into the DT, he became BFF with my humu trigger and the two of them are constantly swimming around together and not hiding.... I think a little time he'll open up.

florida joe

Yea yea yea and here is mine but its not yours, keep and eye one him he should come out of his shell if not post again and we all will look for the cause