New kudas!!!

ci11337

Just got these guys Friday night, notsure if they are male or female. All the horses looked like the darker one except for the lighter, bigger one. (hes the oddball) they are both doing great!! enjoy!

ci11337

10, they will go into a 29 once they grow some. I had the ten as a spare and want to make sure i can keep them happy before i buy a new tank for them.

koi lady

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2552769
Just got these guys Friday night, notsure if they are male or female. All the horses looked like the darker one except for the lighter, bigger one. (hes the oddball) they are both doing great!! enjoy!
Looks like the darker one is female and the pale one a male. Gorgeous pair.
Good luck with them.

ci11337

Thanks, they hav been eating very well ever since i got them. I agree that the lighter one could be a male and the darker one is probably female. They are very active and healthy, they are always either playing in open water or scanning the bottom for leftovers and pods. They obviously enjoy each others company and always hold tails during their feedings. They are really curious, anything that moves in the tank is inspected.
A couple questions...
How often do u feed ur SH's?
I've been feeding mine several shrimp every hour (when i'm not at school) they always seem to be hungry, and so far this has kept them nice and chubby. (not to fat/skinny)
Should i turn up my filter?
I hav a whisper 40 filter and so far i've kept it turn down all the way, i don't want them to get stuck. They are a good size, (female about 3 in with tail stretched)
o, for the record, he is light yellow not white.

not that i would luv him less if he were white

poniegirl

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2554353
Thanks, they hav been eating very well ever since i got them. I agree that the lighter one could be a male and the darker one is probably female. They are very active and healthy, they are always either playing in open water or scanning the bottom for leftovers and pods. They obviously enjoy each others company and always hold tails during their feedings. They are really curious, anything that moves in the tank is inspected.
A couple questions...
How often do u feed ur SH's? 2 to 3 times daily, small amount, will be OK. If you have a good pod population, this is plenty. Space the feedings as evenly as you can through the day, so they have some nutrition flow often. They do not store nutrients and have no "stomach", just a digestive tract.
I've been feeding mine several shrimp every hour (when i'm not at school) they always seem to be hungry, and so far this has kept them nice and chubby. (not to fat/skinny) You want to be sure to feed mysis shrimp, NOT brine shrimp. Be careful not to overfeed them.
Should i turn up my filter?
I hav a whisper 40 filter and so far i've kept it turn down all the way, i don't want them to get stuck. They are a good size, (female about 3 in with tail stretched) There are sponge covers made for powerheads that should cover your filter intake and help prevent them from getting pulled to it. Yes, turn it up, once you have the intake covered. Don't use nylon or any material the seahorses may get snagged on. When you move them to the 29, this will be less of an issue, and in the 29 you may want to increase your filter size and perhaps a small powerhead.
o, for the record, he is light yellow not white.

not that i would luv him less if he were white
Nice work, they are beautiful!