New light rant!

emmitt2

I've been waiting for my new 72" coralife 3x150mh 4x96pc light to be delivered. My neighbor calls me at work today at 2 and tells me UPS just left a huge box. I make up a lie, leave work early and sprint home. As i approach the door, I can see a BIG dent/rip in the box :scared:
I pick up the box and hear the familiar sound of shattered glass rolling around. Bring the box in , open it and 4 pc bulbs and 1 mh are shattered and strewn everywhere!! :mad:
Long story short, I'll be waiting 8-15 more business days for my new lights. What a crappy, disappointing day!

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by emmitt2
I've been waiting for my new 72" coralife 3x150mh 4x96pc light to be delivered. My neighbor calls me at work today at 2 and tells me UPS just left a huge box. I make up a lie, leave work early and sprint home. As i approach the door, I can see a BIG dent/rip in the box :scared:
I pick up the box and hear the familiar sound of shattered glass rolling around. Bring the box in , open it and 4 pc bulbs and 1 mh are shattered and strewn everywhere!! :mad:
Long story short, I'll be waiting 8-15 more business days for my new lights. What a crappy, disappointing day!

Yes but who is liable for that? UPS? How would you go about handling this?? Did you take insurance? Just curious if I am involved in the same situation! thanx

emmitt2

I called the company i bought them from. They said no problem and contacted UPS. UPS is picking it up tomorrow. The company said UPS will settle with them in 1-8 business days and then they will ship the lights. They made it pretty easy and pain free but i was REALLY psyched to finally get the lights! Now, i gotta wait 2-3 more weeks.
p.s.- it might have helped if they had put FRAGILE anywhere on the box! You would have no idea glass is inside this box, it has basically no markings

ninjamini

I would think that UPS is responsible only if it was packed properly for shipping. What the company is going to make you wait to settle with UPS. What kinda small rinky dink place did you order from? They should expedite one to you with 2 day shipping OR give you your money back.

emmitt2

Its actually a decent sized company and i dont want my money back because i found a great sale and they beat that price by 5%. Now that ive had some time to stew though, i think i was way too nice and accomodating. Tomorrow , i'm gonna call and raise hell unless they send a new 1 asap!