New Lighting Questions

mtbikedr

I have just built a new lighting system. I have a 90 gallon reef tank. Here is my new lighting system. I have two 250w MH lights using 10K Ushio bulbs. I am also using 4 65 W actinics and moon lights. I am looking for some suggestions for how I should run my lights to maximize the growth of my corals and keep the temp down in the tank, no, I do not want to get a chiller at this time. I have two 4 1/2 inch computer fans blowing from inside to out on the hood, and the back pannel of the hood has several two inch vent holes to draw cool air into the hood.
I am running my lightin gas follows: the four actinics kick on at 7am, and run until midnight. The MH kick on at 10am and run until 11pm. My moonlights run from midnight to 7am.
The water temperature has been going up to about the 82 degrees by 9pm. Morning temp is around 78 degrees.
Does anyone have any good Actinic/MH/Actinic cycles that they can suggest. My algal growth has been pretty severe, I just cleaned the glass well and did a 30% water change, so I am going to see what that did also.
Thanks

reefeel

That is a rrreeeaaaallly long time to have the lights on 12-14 hours is recommended. I have mine on actinics at 6:45 am and go off at 7:00 pm. My 10000k/6700k from 10:00 am to 5:00 PM then moonlights on

mtbikedr

Thanks, I do suspect that I do overdo the lights, but the tank is in my living room, an dall the time with darkness will take the display away from things, does leaving the actinics on longer make any sense?

mtbikedr

JDM,
Tried your approach, and temp was still high, got up to 85 degrees, I am going to cut back on the MH by 1 hour today, and think about drilling some new vent holes or installing a new blower fan. I am currently using my computer fans to blow the hot air out of the hood, someone mentioned that I amy want to have one suck cool air in, and the other blow warm air out, that would be an easy modification, just a matter of undoing 4 screws and flipping a fan in th eother direction.