new lights on the way :)

i just had a few questions after buying my new lighting that should be delivered on this comeing friday.
the new lights is 55 watts with antic blue and white(smart light) now the questions i have should be pretty simple
1st off how hard it is to wire it up? from what i seen in the pics its only like 3 or 4 wires
2nd- i heard of " a breaking in period" for lights, should i do this to my new lights and if so how do it do it
and last but not least these newer higher watage lights will produce more heat , how should i go about off setting the heat(already thought of a fan) however should i do anything with the heater as well?
thanks in advance
allan

jond

I just turned on my new lights today. I just put on 225w worth of VHO's. I had 40w of light before. I am going to start with only 3 hours a day and gradually increase so not to burn my corals. I don't know if you will have a heat problem or not. I am going to watch mine and add fans if I need to.
Good luck :D

jtirone

I just upgraded my tank. I bought an icecap 430 with 2 24" VHO's. I used my existing perfecto hood. So far it has been a week. the hood originally had 40 watts, now it has 150. There have been no heating issues yet.
I love it. Good luck with your new lights.

mines isent that big ofa jump, im going from 20 watts with a uri 50% white 50% blue bulb to a 55 watt smart light with 1 side white and 1 side blue

jond

It will still be a significant difference. I would not change the setting on your heater. I reall doubt you will have any trouble with heat, but who knows. Just keep an eye on it. Mine was a big jump. I ran the lights for about 3.5 hours yesterday. Just about blinded myself when I turned them on. I think I will porbably have to add a couble of 3" fans. Good luck. :)