new lights up and runnin! pics

murph145

hey just took some pics of my new lighting up and running....
i just got some MH lights 2-250 watt DE 20K bulbs over my 100 gallon tank....
kinda wierd takin pics the light is really bright for somereason when the camera takes the pic ill have to work on the settings to get better pics but just wanted to show u the difference!!!
before & after

mimzy

I see him! I see him!! 2 floating blue orbs followed by a bumble-buzzy fuzzy wuzzy incognito cute as cheato body!!!! HE CAN'T HIDE FROM THE MIMZYCAT!!!!!!

msd2

congrats on the new lights, what did you have previous and are u acclimating the corals to the new lighting?

fishieness

mimzy.....what are you on?!!!
haha
looking sweet! I would like to get halids someday.
both 20000k i take it?

mimzy

Fishieness, I am high on the ultimate cutey-headedness of Murph's more-adorable-than-you fuzzy dwarf lionfish.
DUHHHHHH.

murph145

lol ....!!!!!
well yeah they are both 20K halides 250 watt DE's....
i had 480 watts of PC before that i ran 10 hours a day so now im starting out the halides for 6 hours a day to get them back to about 8 to 9 hours a day....
i dont know if im guna run some actinics still just for the dawn dusk affect oir run the 10K daylight pc's with the mh's.... ill probably play round with it for a while to see what looks best....
so far the corals seem to like the new lighting i havent had any retract from the light i figure its about the same wattage so they should be fine....
what do you guys think??

fishieness

no fair!!!! mimzy!! you cant compare me to that lionfish!!!! If you compared anyone to that they wouldnt be able to handle it!!!! that little yellow fuzzy is jsut too darn cute!!!.....

murph145

tomclx:
i currently have the following corals.....
hammer, frogspawn, brain, flower pot, colt, toadstool, finger leather, bubble, pagoda cup, 2 green star polyp colonies, zoo's ( green, yellow, red, pink, orange, and other combos)
mushrooms ( teal, green/orange mettallic, and lavender)... encrusting xenia
other things i have is 2 Rose bubble tip anemones one purple long tentacle anemone one blue/purple t. crocea clam fether dusters, chritsmas tree rock in porites coral, blue linkia, knobby star, serpent star
as for fish i have
hippo tang
tomato clown
fuzzy dwarf lion
some damsils (yellow tail, striped and blue)
mandarin goby
siscor tail goby
engineer goby
24" white ribbon eel
yeah and its not fair no one can be compared to my lil fuzzy wuzzy lol hes the cutest.!!!
heres another pic i just added the 2x65W 10K daylight Pc's and one 36W T-5 back onto the tank to give it a more yellow look dont know if u can tell a difference.... so now i have 666 watts!!!!! o crap thats a bad number im guna have to take away one watt some how!!!
lol that is pretty crazy though 666 lol ooppps ill have to figure this one out!!! :scared:

fishieness

i would like to get 1or 2 t5s for my 40 breeder. right now it has 192 watts of PC. Do you like the t5s? do you think it would be a good idea?

murph145

for space wise they are really good.... and relatively cheap.... only thing is the bulbs seem to burn out faster..... i had one burn out in like 4 or 5 months....
but overall for size they are good

murph145

sorry for the more pics im just tryin to mess around to see how the shots turn out.... not getting the best clarity now with the MH lighting like its too bright
does anyone have suggestions on setting to use to maybe make stuff stand out more??
thanks

scotts

I have GOT to make it over to to your place sometime to see your tank. Not this weekend I think I have made the time to work on the floor again.
Mimzy, If you think Murph's lion fish is fuzzy wuzzy cute you should see Murph! Talk about Fuzzy Wuzzy cute!
Scott

murph145

hey scott call me up this weekend or ill give u a call sunday i have to g3et u that $30 and see what else u might want to frag in my tank.... sorry i just have been busy with work and this weekend i have to work at my moms house for free..... thats not fun when u do things for free lol....
but anyways either call me or ill call u and u should deffinately stop by to see the tank and the new set up and such... im guna try to start doin some sps.... grabbed my first clam the other day a super purple crocea.... its pretty cool lookin i want to do a gold tear drop maxima next....
but deffinately ill get in contact with you in the next couple days !!!!
hope all is well with you and your family!!!