new lights

W

wallie

hey guys whats up i just upgraded my lights i hade 220 whats now i have 370 which eqauals out to 6.72 watts per gal 55 galioin tankthe demenshions are 48Lx 16wx 24h
i was just woundering what kind of new corals i could add ? right now i have a very large star poylop an orange sea fan a condy and rock anemine im relly excited about the new lights and want to put them to the test>
:hilarious

msd2

Id say you can do most any softie you want. The problem if you want to go sps or any high light demmand animals is the depth of your tank. IMHO a tank that is 2 feet tall for good penetration needs mh. That being said there are lots of cool softies out there, its what my tank is pretty much full of :) Id look at some zoo's, they are simple amazing.

wanabesalt

You Say Your Tank Is A 55 Gallon I Used Your Dimension,s On Fish And Tips.com.......... 48 By 16 By 24 And It Comes Up With ,your Tank Is A 80 Gallon
My Tank Is A 60 Gallon And My Tank Is 48 1/2 By 15 1/2 By 17 And It Comes Up With 53 Gallons ............thats Weired....... Try It Your Self At Fishandtips.com
I Should Have Got A 55 Gallon...........

W

wallie

im not buy my tank it was more of a guess i now for sure its 48 long

murph145

u should be able to keep most corals except sps and clams...
i have 470W pc over my 100g and my stuff is doing good
i have 5 diff anemones
bubble coral
pagoda cup coral
toadstool coral
finger leather coral
xenia
flower pot
polyps and zoos
musrooms
colt
u should be good with most corals its still good to do your research before you buy first though