new lights!?!?

jrbarker

i just bought some new lighting for my 29 gallon tank FOWLR but am looking at getting some zoos and some polyps. now that i just bought them i am wondering what the difference in the two types of lights and if i should have them both on at the same time or if they should be on at different times of the day and what not so any help in this department would be nice.
the light that i just bought is a aqualight deluxe series double linerar strip. it is a 24 inch double lamp fixture with 65 watt actninic and a 65 wat 10,000k straight pin compact fluorescent lamps. is this good.
thank you for any and all the information.
Ryan :happyfish

volcom69

i have my lights on a 24 hour cycle where i have my actninic come on about an hour before my 10k have them both run for about 8 to 9 hours and then my 10k shut off and my actninics stay on for another hour and then my moon lights come on. So really its ur prefrence.

jrbarker

thanks for the advise there volcom69. what do you do for the moon lights? is there soemthing special that you use for it.

volcom69

i just have a timer and have all my lights on a timer including my moon lights. I didnt know if u had moon lights with urs at all.