New Lights

bang

Hey everyone....
This is my first time posting in the forum. I've been into sw aquariums for almost 2 years and it's been a blast. This is my dilemma. I have to buy new light fixtures for my 150 gallon sw tank. The specs are 72x18x28. I currently have FOLR in my tank and 2 36" fixtures with 1 10k and 1 actinic in each. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions on what to get for fixtures and bulbs. I plan to hang them from the ceiling. Thanks

bang

yeah...I think it's prolly gonna stay FOWLR. I might do a Reef later down the road. I am in the process of doing a huge sump right now. I have to post some pics when it's done.

robchuck

Bang,
I have a 150 gallon FOWLR as well, and I just recently upgraded my lighting. My tank only has one brace across the top, which divides the openings into two 36" openings. I used the Coralife 36" 2x96w PC's. I was using 66w of NO lighting before, and the difference is already noticable. BTW, I'd love to see the pics of your sump when you finish it.

bang

My 150 has 2 braces and I currently have 2 36's. I was thinking of getting 3 24's with a hood, but I will prolly stick with 2 36's since I wanna go topless for now. What bulbs you using --?

robchuck

Bang,
I'm using 2x10,000K @ 96w and 2xActinic @96w; I think it's a decent amount and look for FOWLR. I'll hopefully get some pics up soon.

bang

I was looking at those 36" 2x96 Coralife PC's but only found as low as $170/w bulbs. Where u get yours at --? Anyone?