New lion!!

cubfan

Meet Wayne!! (as in Newton). He lives with Lola in a 150 gallon extra high. He's about 3 inches and doing great. Still only eating ghost shrimp, so far!.

johnic

I noticed you have snails in the tank...is the tank an aggressive tank, and the snails are ok. What other fish do you have in the tank ?

cubfan

I have a cleaner crew of about 10 turbo snails and 30-40 blue legged crabs. I know, I need abouth 100 more, but I'll get there eventually. The lions don't even pay attention to the crabs or snails. The 2 lions are the only fish in the tank, along with a yellow tailed blue damsel. I'm toying with the idea of adding a banana wrasse or harlequin tusk. (then the crabs will be in trouble!!!:eek: ) But then again, I might just keep the 2 lions. When they get big, it'll be kinda cool to watch them just hovering in the water column.

cubfan

The footprint of my tank is only 4ft x 2ft, so there is not alot of horizontal swimming space. It is 30in deep, which IMO makes it ideal for keeping a pair of big V. lions.

liontamer

Yea thats wat i have...initially the extra height will really just make for more room for waste dispersion, cuz my lion doesnt really move around too much, just kinda perches in his cave and watnot...its still a great tank tho. Those two lions will be fine with a tusk, and the tusk will be fine with the crabs too. Mine doesnt really pay that much attention...just keep him well fed and hell stay away, just toys around with em. But with the extra height, u should try to make some really cool rock structuring (and by the way, u can by a laser lighting unit to put in yer tank, but i think its kinda superficial, so i wouldnt do it personally)

cubfan

Yeah, I thought about making a taller rock structure in the near future, so the lions have a better cliff to hang out under. I think I'll want to bolt the rocks together to make it more structurally sound. I found some plastic bolts and nuts at Lowes that should do the job nicely and I won't have to worry about any metal rusting in the tank. Along with the laser lights, maybe I'll put a little craps table in their too!!!
The little damsel will be the dealer!

cubfan

Actually, i'm kinda hopind the damsel will become dinner. But, the lionfish don't even seem to care that it's there. Go figure!

fishy411

If it were m ei would look into a biggish angel. The annularis looks pretty cool but im not sure if size or aggression would be an issue

fishieness

Her name was lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star
Tony always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, they worked from 8 til 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?
At the copa copacabana
The hottest spot north of havana
At the copa copacabana
Music and passion were always in fashion
At the copa.... they fell in love
heh heh.... sorry, your lions name was Lola, and when you added the vegas comment, i couldnt resist...